No deposit bonuses are the main way players receive free money to play real money casino games. No deposit casinos offer bonus cash when players sign up for an account. Players use the small amount of cash to play real money games – usually, slots – and have the chance to win real money.
US casino sites offer no deposit bonuses less often these days, though they still exist. Keep reading to learn the different types of free-play bonuses and the conditions often attached to no-deposit bonus offers. Once finished, you’ll know how to collect such bonuses when you register an account.
How to Use a Free No Deposit Bonus
If you’re new to no deposit bonus casinos, you’ll need a step-by-step guide to access free-play bonuses. Follow the steps below and you’ll be using a free no deposit bonus to win real money in a matter of minutes.
- Read Casino Reviews: Before selecting a casino with a no deposit bonus offer, players should research and read reviews to find a reputable casino that offers fair gameplay, secure transactions, and a good selection of games.
- Pick a No Deposit Casino: Once players have identified a reputable casino, they should check if the casino offers a no deposit bonus. This type of bonus allows players to receive bonus funds without having to make a deposit.
- Sign Up Using the Online Form: After selecting a casino with a no deposit bonus offer, players should create an account by filling out the online registration form. This typically requires providing personal information such as name, address, email, and date of birth.
- Use the Bonus Code: Some casinos may require players to enter a bonus code during the registration process to activate the no deposit bonus. Make sure to enter the code correctly to ensure that the bonus is credited to your account.
- Play Games That Clear Requirement: Players must clear the rollover requirement before withdrawing cash. This requires playing eligible games with the bonus funds and meeting the wagering requirements. Choose games that contribute to the wagering requirements, because some sites cancel the offer if you don’t.
- Withdraw Winnings: Once you’ve cleared the rollover, you can withdraw any winnings that you’ve accumulated. Payout times at US online casinos range from a few hours to 5-7 business days, depending on the payment method used.
3 Types of Free No Deposit Bonus Offers
US online casinos offer three types of free no deposit bonus offers: signup bonuses, free spins bonuses, and free bonus chips. Below is a quick description of each no deposit bonus type.
- The Signup Bonus: This type of bonus is offered to new players when they sign up for an account. No deposit is necessary. The bonus can be in the form of free cash, free spins, or a combination of both. The amount of the bonus usually ranges from $10 to $50, and it’s credited to the player’s account immediately after registration. The purpose of this bonus is to encourage new players to try out the casino’s games with no risk or obligation.
- The Free Spins Bonus: Free spin bonuses are offered to new players as well as existing players. It provides a set number of free spins on a specific slot machine or a group of slot machines. The number of free spins usually ranges from 10 to 50, and the winnings from these free spins are credited to the player’s account as bonus cash. This bonus allows players to try out a new slot machine or a group of slot machines without risking their own money.
- The Free Bonus Chip: This is a small amount of free-play cash that is offered to loyal customers. The bonus is activated by using a bonus code. It’s for a small amount of cash ranging from $5 to $25. This bonus is designed to reward players for their loyalty to the casino and to encourage them to keep playing. The free bonus chip can be used to play any of the casino’s games. Winnings are credited to the player’s account as bonus cash.
No Deposit Bonus Terms Explained
- Wagering Requirement: This refers to the amount of money that a player must wager to withdraw the bonus and any winnings associated with it. For example, if a player receives a $100 bonus with a 20x wagering requirement, they must wager $2,000 (20 x $100) before they can withdraw the bonus and any winnings.
- Game Contribution Rates: Refer to the percentage that a particular game contributes towards meeting the bonus wagering requirement. For example, if a game has a contribution rate of 100%, every bet placed on that game will count towards meeting the bonus wagering requirement. However, if a game has a contribution rate of 50%, every bet placed on that game will only count towards 50% of the wagering requirement. This means that players should carefully consider the game contribution rates before selecting the games to play with their bonus.
- Expiration Date: Bonuses often have an expiration date, after which they are no longer valid. Players must use the bonus and meet the wagering requirement before the expiration date, or they will forfeit the bonus.
- Max Bonus Stipulation: Some bonuses have a maximum amount that can be claimed. For example, a casino may offer a 100% bonus up to $500. In this case, the maximum bonus a player can receive is $500, even if they deposit more than that amount.
- Minimum Deposit Requirement: Some bonuses require a minimum deposit to be eligible. For example, a casino may offer a 50% bonus up to $200, but the minimum deposit to be eligible for the bonus is $50.
- Max Cashout: This is the maximum amount of money that a player can withdraw from their account after meeting the wagering requirement. For example, if a player receives a $100 bonus with a 10x max cashout and they win $500, they can only withdraw $1,000 ($100 bonus x 10 = $1,000).
No Deposit Bonuses FAQ
How does a no deposit bonus work?
No deposit bonuses offer small amounts of free cash to players who sign up for a new player account. To receive a no deposit bonus, the player only needs to register. These offers have no risk or obligation, besides signing up for promotional emails.
What types of no deposit bonuses exist?
You’ll find three types: no deposit bonus cash, free spin offers, and free bonus chips. Read our description of all three types above.
What real money casino games can I play at a no deposit casino?
As a general rule, no deposit bonuses apply to online slots. In practical terms, a few other games are often included. These are games with a high house edge that take place quickly: keno and online scratch cards. Slots, scratch cards, and keno therefore often apply 100% to the wagering requirement.