In the US casino niche, online baccarat is a mainstay on the table games menu. Baccarat is one of the most popular casino games in the world. In fact, if you visit Macau or Singapore, baccarat is the most popular game. High rollers play it for huge bets, while many players study the baccarat tables’ chi (“energy flow”) before making a bet.
Baccarat’s reputation travels with it to US land-based casinos. The game has a unique prestige because it’s often played in the roped-off section of the gaming floor by people in fancy clothes. The reason is simple: baccarat has a lower house edge than any table game with no strategy element. The prestigious bettors don’t have inside knowledge, except which game offers novices the best odds.
Read our guide to online baccarat, which includes game rules, how to play a typical hand, and a few tips for getting the best odds. We discuss the best baccarat online casinos for US players while giving insight into the best versions of online baccarat and live dealer baccarat you’ll find.
Baccarat Online: Game Rules
The game of Baccarat involves two hands: the player’s hand and the banker’s hand. Each hand receives two cards, and the one with a total value closest to 9 emerges as the winner.
- Betting in Baccarat: At the onset, players make their wagers on the player’s hand, the banker’s hand, or a tie.
- Dealing the Cards: Once bets are placed, the dealer distributes two cards to the player’s hand and two cards to the banker’s hand.
- Winning Baccarat Hand: If either hand’s total value from the initial cards dealt is 8 or 9, it is considered a “natural,” concluding the game. The hand with the natural wins the round, and bets are settled accordingly.
- Third Card Rule: If neither hand has a natural, a third card may be drawn based on predefined rules. These rules govern whether the player’s hand, the banker’s hand, or both hands will draw a third card.
- Baccarat Payouts: After all cards have been drawn, the hand with a total value closest to 9 triumphs. If the player’s hand wins, wagers on the player are paid out evenly. If the banker’s hand wins, bets on the banker are paid out at even odds, minus a commission fee. In the event of a tie, bets on a tie are settled at higher odds, typically 8:1.
- A New Hand Begins: The game recommences as players place fresh bets for the next round. The game carries on until the predetermined number of rounds is completed or until a player chooses to exit.
USA Online Baccarat Software Compared
|SOFTWARE PROVIDER||MIN BET||MAX BET||SIDE BeT|
|RealTime Gaming Baccarat||$1||$500||No|
|Rival Gaming Baccarat||$1||$250||No|
|Fresh Deck Studios Live Baccarat||$1||$12,500||Dragon, Perfect Pair, Small/Big|
|ViG Live Bacccarat||$5||$5000||Super 6, Dragon, Pairs|
A Guide to Playing Baccarat Online
If you’re new to playing baccarat online, take a moment to read the following guide that will teach you how to get started. By following these instructions, you’ll be enjoying online baccarat in just a few minutes.
- Sign up or Log In: Find a reputable online casino that offers baccarat games. Once you’ve identified one, create an account by providing your personal details like name, address, and email address. If you already have an account, simply log in.
- Make a Deposit: After successfully creating an account, you’ll need to deposit funds to begin playing baccarat. Go to the cashier section of the casino website and select your preferred payment method to make a deposit. Most online casinos accept credit/debit cards, e-wallets, bank transfers, Bitcoin, and prepaid cards.
- Choose a Welcome Bonus: Many online casinos provide welcome bonuses to new players, such as match bonuses or free spins. If you’re interested in a particular bonus offered by the casino, be sure to carefully read the terms and conditions before accepting it.
- Access the Baccarat Game: Once your account is funded, go to the casino’s table games menu and choose the online baccarat option. Regardless of the device you’re using, the game should load directly in your browser or on your mobile device.
- Play for Real Money: Decide whether you want to play for fun, using virtual chips in practice mode, or for real money. If you aim to win real money, select the option for playing with real money.
- Try Live Baccarat: Certain online casinos offer live dealer baccarat games, which provide a more immersive and authentic casino experience. If the casino features live baccarat, select that option to play with a live dealer.
- Fulfill Wagering Requirements: If you accepted a bonus, keep in mind that you’ll need to meet the wagering requirement before being able to withdraw your winnings. The wagering requirement represents the number of times you must play through the bonus amount before making a withdrawal. For example, if the wagering requirement is 20x and you received a $100 bonus, you’ll need to wager $2,000 before you can withdraw your winnings.
- Withdraw Your Winnings: Once you’ve fulfilled the wagering requirement (if applicable), you can proceed to withdraw your winnings. Go to the cashier section of the casino website and choose your preferred withdrawal method. Most online casinos typically take 24-48 hours to process withdrawals, though some payment methods may take longer than others.
Online Baccarat Betting Options
|BET TYPE||HOUSE EDGE|
Baccarat Betting Tips: Understanding the House Edge
When playing online baccarat, players are presented with three betting choices: the Banker Bet, the Player Bet, and the Tie Bet. Pay attention to the house edge when making baccarat bets. If you
- Banker Bet: Placing a wager on the banker’s hand. This bet offers a 1:1 payout, but a 5% commission is deducted from winning bets due to the slight statistical advantage of the banker bet over the player bet. Despite the commission, the house edge for this wager stands at just 1.06%.
- Player Bet: Betting on the player’s hand. This bet awards a 1:1 payout, doubling the initial bet when the player wins. With a house edge of 1.24%, the player bet holds the second-best odds in baccarat.
- Tie Bet: A wager that predicts both the player’s and banker’s hands will result in an equal total value. This bet offers the highest payout among the three options, at 8:1. However, it carries the largest house edge at 14.36%, making it an unwise choice. The “Tie” bet wins only when both the player and banker have the same total value; otherwise, the bet is lost.